February Procedure of the Month: 4 Post-Operative Recommendations from Dr. Antimarino
Posted January 25, 2021
- A regular diet with adequate fluid intake.
- One of the most common questions Dr. Antimarino is asked regarding post-operative care involves vitamins and supplements to help expedite the healing process. The vast majority of patients are healthy and are able to receive the right amount of nutrients they need for normal wound healing using a regular diet without any special additives. Unless specified by Dr. Antimarino prior to surgery, there is no specific diet change needed or supplements added to increase your healing time.
- Plenty of rest and follow your post-operative instructions!
- Post-operative instructions are provided to you in your surgical packets. Instructions are specific for each procedure and will be reviewed with you during your consultation, with the patient care coordinator, and after surgery in the recovery room. Allow time for adequate rest so your body can heal.
- Leave the post-op dressings intact.
- Any dressings applied in surgery should be left in place and will be addressed during your first post-op appointment by Dr. Antimarino. Sponge bathe around the dressings if needed but do not remove until your appointment.
- Stay away from Dr. “Google”
- If you have any questions postoperatively, Dr. Antimarino has provided you with his personal cell phone, use it. You have invested in yourself and chosen Dr. Antimarino as your surgeon, remember that when questions arise and let him answer your concerns directly.