Spring Plastic Surgery Trends for Women
Posted March 05, 2018
The Top 5 Spring Plastic Surgery Trends for Women
It’s not quite swimsuit and shorts season yet, but as the snow melts and the warmer weather approaches, we do tend to start thinking about the hotter days ahead.
Exercise and healthy eating are the key factors to getting the summer body you want, but there are other solutions to getting rid of loose skin or making some areas of your body leaner than others. At Bellissimo Plastic Surgery in Pittsburgh, we are ready to be your partner in defining you by helping you enjoy your summer with confidence!
Here are the spring plastic surgery trends that Pittsburgh women love:
- Upper Arm Lifts or Brachioplasty – An upper arm lift is a great option to help remove excess skin and fat in the upper arms. Often times, an upper arm lift will require liposuction prior to a formal arm lift. A brachioplasty performed by a board certified plastic surgeon recontours and tightens the upper arms giving them the definition and shape you desire.
- Liposuction or a Tummy Tuck – Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure but should be thought of as a contouring or sculpting procedure. Liposuction removes resistant or stubborn fatty tissue that has not responded to diet and exercise. Liposuction relies on the elastic properties of the skin to re-tighten after the fatty tissue has been removed. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is designed to recontour and rejuvenate the abdominal wall by removing excess, inelastic skin as well as tighten the abdominal wall muscles. A tummy tuck will result in a tighter, flatter abdomen.
- Brazilian Butt Lift – A Brazilian Butt Lift adds fat to the buttocks to create a rounded, fuller shape. Fat can be harvested from the abdomen, hips and thighs then transferred to the buttocks to add volume where it is needed. This procedure can be used to create fullness to specific areas that may be lacking as well as creating an overall larger, balanced shape.
- Breast Lift or Augmentation – A breast augmentation procedure can enhance or restore a woman’s breast volume and shape. This particular procedure involves the use of breast implants to create a more balanced, fuller look. A breast lift, or mastopexy, is usually recommended for women who have developed some degree of sagging to their breasts. A lift not only restores a more youthful and desired breast shape, but also re-establishes the proper position of the breasts. A lift is often combined with an implant to create a fuller appearance.
- Mommy Makeover – A mommy makeover combines many of the aforementioned procedures and is performed on women who want their pre-pregnancy body to make a comeback. A Mommy Makeover combines a procedure to correct loss of volume and sagging of the breasts with a procedure to correct excess skin or retained fat of the abdomen.
Healing for all of these procedures is relatively quick (about 4 weeks), so you will have your summer body ready by the time you’re ready to turn on your air conditioning!