Aesthetic Laser Medicine
The Aerolase LightPod Neo laser is a safe, yet powerful and versatile aesthetic laser used to complement our Medi Spa service menu. It produces safe, quick and consistent results. Multiple aging issues can be addressed with this laser as well dermatologic concerns on all skin types.
Laser energy from the Aerolase laser is absorbed by “chromophores” in the skin. These are Melanin, Hemoglobin and Water which means the laser is attracted to browns, red and water. The laser energy penetrates deep within the dermis to reach the area being targeted without causing too much stress to the outer layer of skin.
With the Aerolase laser, the pulse duration is shorter so the energy is delivered much faster to the targeted tissue. The tissue can reach a higher temperature which creates a greater response to the targeted area. The speed that each pulse is delivered allows for the dermis to cool down between pulses which decreases risks such as burns or pigment changes. It also decreases the level of pain associated with treatment.
Patients should not consider treatment or discuss further with their provider if they have any of the following conditions:
- Have a sunburn or skin irritation
- Unidentified skin condition in the area being treated
- Those who are prone to skin discoloration or keloid scarring
- Using photo sensitive medications should be off medication 6 months prior to treatment
- Patients who are new to using topical retinoids should stop using 2 days prior to treatment.
- Those with pigmented lesions should be cleared by MD
- Patients who have Lupus or other light sensitive skin conditions should be approved by MD
- Herpes Simplex or “cold sores” should be discussed with provider
- Histamine reactions should be discussed
- Men need to be aware that treatment will reduce facial hair in area being treated
The Aerolase laser is used effectively for the following treatments:
- comprehensive skin rejuvenation
- hair removal
- ingrown hairs
- pigmented lesions
- Rosacea & redness
- Spider veins
- Vascular lesions