Buttock Lift Procedure in Pittsburgh
With celebrities having more of an influence than ever, there are many cosmetic surgical procedures that continue to be on the rise. One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures continues to be the buttock lift as celebrities often have tight, toned backsides. According to the ASPS, Butt Lifts generally are up roughly 252% over the year 2000.
However, in today’s market, a buttock lift can mean two different procedures. A traditional butt lift was performed on patients after weight loss where their buttocks sagged due to excess skin and loss of volume. This procedure is designed to remove excess skin along the lower back and buttocks. This procedure also raises the buttocks to the proper anatomical position.
More recently a Brazilian Buttock Lift also means adding fat to the buttocks for a rounder, fuller shape. This type of fat grafting is most commonly performed on patients that have not experienced significant weight loss, but do not have enough fat elsewhere to act as a donor site.
Who is a perfect candidate for a butt lift?
An ideal candidate for a buttock lift would be someone who aspires to have a rounder, perkier butt. They are at their goal weight and also seeking a more defined waistline and seeking more shape to their behind.
Additionally, you may be a good candidate for either type of buttock lift if:
- You feel that your buttocks is too small or flat.
- Your butt is asymmetrical.
- You are physically healthy and want to maintain an active lifestyle.
What to expect from each type of buttock lift with a board certified plastic surgeon
Traditional Butt Lift – For a traditional butt lift, Dr. Antimarino combines removing excess skin along the lower back and buttocks and raising it to its proper position. This procedure may be combined with a tummy tuck or an extended tummy tuck, which is otherwise known as a lower body lift.
Brazilian Butt Lift – For a Brazilian butt lift, Dr. Antimarino combines removal of undesired excess fat from another area of the body and then sculpting the buttock area to its desired shape.
How to prepare for your buttock lift in Pittsburgh
- Set Your Expectations. In your initial consultation with Dr. Antimarino, make sure to discuss your expectations for the procedure. This is the time to discuss your concerns and your goals as he will design a surgical plan specifically for you.
- Come Prepared. You may want to come in with a list of questions that you want to be answered before the procedure. This will eliminate any confusion and will provide you with the most comfortable experience at Bellissimo Plastic Surgery & Medi Spa.
- Stop Medication. The use of Aspirin, Ibuprofen, or other supplements that may increase bruising should be stopped two weeks prior to surgery.
- Know the Facts. Lastly, you will also want to read through our patient resources, such as our note of privacy policies and surgeon checklist, to better educate yourself about the entire surgical process.
Buttock Lift Procedures – Before and After Surgery
SURGERY: Both versions of a buttock lift are performed under general anesthesia as outpatient procedures.
AFTER SURGERY: The traditional buttock lift has a 2 week down time. Most patients can resume exercise in 3 weeks. When combined with a tummy tuck the down time remains the same. Typically, a patient is sent home with drains for 1-2 weeks and requires compression garments for 3-4 weeks.
The buttock lift involving fat grafting has a 2-3 week down time. Most patients can resume exercise in approximately 4 weeks. Patients are required to sleep on their sides and sit on a cushion for 2-3 weeks to allow for adequate healing.
To answer all of your surgical questions and for detailed discussions, schedule a consultation with Dr. Antimarino today.
Request a Consultation
Bellissimo Plastic Surgery is your partner in defining you. If you are bothered by the shape of your buttocks or would like a fuller appearance, contact us. A consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Antimarino is an opportunity to ask questions and have a detailed discussion about which buttock lift is right for you.. With locations in Shadyside, Monroeville, Robinson, and Greensburg, it’s easy to schedule your private consultation or a virtual consultation with Bellissimo Plastic Surgery.