CoolPeel is a brand-new technique that safely and comfortably delivers the benefits of a traditional CO2 resurfacing treatment. The superficial layer of skin tissue is targeted with the damaged skin being removed to reveal younger and healthier-looking skin. This advanced laser treatment is used to reduce the appearance of fine lines, sun damage and pores as well as improve skin texture with little to no downtime.
With the Tetra CO2, the user has more control over the coverage, density and pulse duration than any other CO2 device. The Tetra CO2 is the only technology that can perform a CoolPeel™, the advanced skin treatment to reduce the appearance of fine lines, sun damage, and pores as well as improve skin texture with a few hours of downtime. The CoolPeel delivers a fully ablative treatment without thermal damage to the surrounding tissue. No thermal damage means that downtime is highly controlled and minimized while impressive superficial, skin-resurfacing results are delivered.
You are a good candidate for a CoolPeel laser treatment if you are looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and sun damage, minimize pores and improve skin texture. Skin will look healthier and younger.
There is no need for anesthesia during the treatment although your provider may wish to include the use of a numbing cream for additional comfort.
There is minimal downtime with a CoolPeel treatment. You should expect to be a little red as if you have a sunburn, for a day or two but nothing will prevent you from returning to your normal activities. After the treatment, your skin may feel dry and scaly for the first week as it heals. It is important to stay hydrated and keep the skin moisturized.
Post Treatment Care:
- The patient should feel a warm / sunburn sensation for about an hour post-treatment
- A thin layer of Aquaphor should be used on the treated area
- Keep the area hydrated with Aquaphor. Do not let the skin dry out.
- Sleep with a clean pillowcase and head slightly elevated
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks
- Avoid touching or cleaning the area for 24 hours
- The skin should feel rough like sandpaper for 3-4 days post-treatment
- Mineral Makeup can be reapplied 24-48 hours post-treatment
- A cool misting spray may be used for comfort if needed.
- CoolPeel can be repeated on a monthly basis until desired results are achieved.
Makeup Application Post Treatment
It is best recommended to leave your skin without any make-up for at least 24 hours. You can then utilize mineral makeup to ensure you maintain clear pores and allowing your skin to breathe and heal properly over time.
One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day, or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated.