Lip Blushing is the newest technique for full youthful lips that require no maintenance. We can define the lips and give them an overall beautiful tone, a more enhanced and fuller appearance.
- You must be 18 years or older to receive Permanent makeup at Bellissimo Plastic Surgery and Medi Spa.
- Please inform us if you have diabetes, cancer, or an auto-immune disorder ahead of time. If so this treatment may not be recommended for you.
- Please contact us before your appointment if your skin tone is darker than a Fitzpatrick level 3, you may not be a candidate.
- Do not take any Ibuprofen, aspirin products, vitamins, fish oils, one week before this treatment. Excessing bleeding and sensitivity during this procedure will dilute and expel the pigment and lead to poor results. No medications should ever be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
- Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure.
- If you are a frequent smoker or sun worshipper the topical anesthetics used during the treatment may not last as long and can also lead to poor retention and poor lasting results.
- You must understand that if you have ever had a fever blister, or a cold sore, you must take Zovirax, Famvir, Valtrex or other anti-viral pre and post procedure to help prevent the outbreak of cold sores. There are no exceptions to this rule. Please call us and the doctor can prescribe this for you. You will need to pick up the prescription at your pharmacy. This rule holds true for each and every time.
- If you are planning on getting any lip filler we recommend you get the lip filler first. After receiving lip filler the tattoo will look different. Allow a few weeks after a filler before receiving the lip blushing technique.
Lip Blushing Permanent Make-up is not recommended for patients:
- With a history of keloids
- Pregnant or nursing
- Have used Accutane in the past 1.5 years
- Had an organ transplant
- Chemotherapy in the last year
- Allergy to numbing creams, metals (such as nickel)
Following your Lip Blushing procedure, there are certain aftercare expectations to maintain your results. Your lips will fade in color up to 50% after the first 5 days of receiving the treatment. Often during this healing process the pigment will appear spotty due to the oxidation of the pigment and the redness in the skin. That being said, multiple permanent makeup applications may be required to achieve desired results.
Download our full document of Lip Blushing aftercare, possible risks, hazards or complications now.
If you have any questions or are ready to book your treatment, please feel free to contact our office at
844-496-6647. We look forward to seeing you!