The Tetra CO2 laser offers a fully customizable skin resurfacing treatment called the DEKA. This treatment is used to target your skin concerns with tailored treatments to fit your individual lifestyle. The DEKA treatment can eliminate signs of aging such as wrinkles, sunspots, uneven texture and age spots for dramatically smoother, brighter, younger-looking skin. It will address fine lines to deep wrinkles, uneven pigmentation and redness, age spots, acne scars, sun damage, dullness/texture, dark under-eye circles, and lax skin. A DEKA treatment removes the top layers of damaged skin tissue and stimulates the regeneration of healthy skin underneath.
This new technology features more operating settings to allow the provider an opportunity to better customize the intensity, depth and shape of the laser energy. This means your treatment is more precise, providing better results and minimizing side effects and downtime. Depending upon the desired results, the DEKA treatment can be a more intense treatment with longer downtime or a more superficial treatment with minimal downtime. The results are seen as new collagen is formed and elastin is tightened for long lasting benefits and the radiant results you desire.
You are a good candidate for a DEKA laser treatment if you are looking for a tailored laser treatment to fit your lifestyle and designed to eliminate the signs of aging with long lasting results.
There is no need for anesthesia although your provider may wish to include the use of a numbing cream for additional comfort.
The downtime with a DEKA treatment will vary depending upon the depth of treatment needed to obtain your desired results. This will be discussed with Dr. Antimarino during your cosmetic consultation.
Immediately following the treatment, you should expect to be a little red as if you have a sunburn and you may have a feeling of warmth that will fade after the first few hours. After the treatment, your skin may feel dry and scaly for the first week as it heals. It is important to stay hydrated and keep the skin moisturized.
POST TREATMENT CARE:
- The patient should feel a warm / sunburn sensation for about an hour post-treatment
- A thin layer of Aquaphor should be used on the treated area
- Keep the area hydrated with a moisturizing cream. Do not let the skin dry out.
- Sleep with a clean pillowcase and head slightly elevated
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks
- Avoid touching or cleaning the area for 24 hours
- The skin should feel rough like sandpaper for 3-4 days post-treatment
- Mineral Makeup can be applied 24-48 hours post-treatment
- A cool misting spray may be used for comfort if needed.