Permanent Brow Techniques
Eyebrows shape the eyes and play a powerful part in communication. The shaping of eyebrows is an
important part of many daily makeup routines. To keep the desired eyebrow shape, oftentimes routine trimming,
filling and shaping is needed. Our permanent makeup brow solutions offer a longer term solution for your brows.
There are two techniques that our medical aesthetician, Tara, uses in our Medi Spa: Microblading and Permanent
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo technique that is used to reshape, define and fill in the gaps on the
brows. One of the elements that makes microblading great, is that it is a semi-permanent tattoo technique.
Typically the drawn-on strokes last up to 24 months (fading can be noticeable at 18 months). We either
recommend a touch-up at this point to recreate your brows or you can choose a new brow shape to stay
Ideally, the perfect candidate for a microblading procedure is someone looking to have defined, realistic brows
without having to bother with eyebrow pencils or makeup.
PERMANENT BROW MAKEUP
Similar to microblading, permanent brow makeup inserts pigment into the dermis. The main difference between
the two procedures are the techniques used by the medical aesthetician to create your desired results. Permanent
brow makeup also is a longer-lasting treatment, with the pigment lasting between 4 and 8 years depending on your
after care/touch ups.
BEFORE PERMANENT BROW TREATMENTS:
There are certain medications we suggest you do not take within the 48 hours before your procedure.
- Any medication that would thin the blood such as blood thinners, aspirin, ibuprofen and other pain medications/non-steroidal anti-inflammatories.
- We recommend that you eliminate any multivitamin or fish oil a week prior to the procedure..
- No medications should ever be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
- Please inform us if you have diabetes, cancer, or an auto-immune disorder ahead of time. If so this treatment may not be recommended for you.
- Please avoid products that contain Retin A and Alpha-hydroxy-acids 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- You should not have a brow wax or threading 1 week before your appointment.
- Please avoid any type of alcoholic beverages within the 48 hours prior to the procedure. If you have consumed a larger amount of alcohol on the night before your appointment, for optimum results, we suggest you reschedule your appointment.
Permanent Make-up Brow Techniques Procedure is not recommended for patients:
- With a history of keloids
- Pregnant or nursing
- Have used Accutane in the past 1.5 years
- Had an organ transplant
- Chemotherapy in the last year
- Had Botox in the past 2 weeks.
- Allergy to numbing creams, metals (such as nickel)
Following the brow treatment, we will provide you with after care instructions. If you would like to read those now or are in need of them digitally, you can download those here.
If you have any questions about Permanent Makeup Brow Solutions, please feel free to contact our
office at 844-496-6647. We look forward to seeing you!