Pre-Wedding Plastic Surgery: 5 Elements of the Bridal Blueprint
Posted April 25, 2018
Every bride strives to look and feel her best on her wedding day. You can workout, try new skin creams, and update your hairstyle. However, what if you can’t quite obtain those perfect results you’re dreaming of? An additional surgical enhancement may help your look get to the “right place.” Pre-wedding plastic surgery procedures can assist you in achieving the results you want – for your special event and beyond.
Why Plastic Surgery? Isn’t That Drastic?
Those who are considering plastic surgery for their wedding day should also focus on the long-term benefits. Plastic surgery should be a choice you make – with no outside pressures – that you feel comfortable with. Consider how your results will look in one, five, and ten years from now. With a forward-thinking mindset, you will be able to make the right decision for you, weighing the risks and benefits of the procedures long-term.
Budget and timeline should also be taken into account when considering pre-wedding plastic surgery. Weddings are expensive, so be sure that the procedures you’re looking to try are in your price range. Additionally, healing time is very important when thinking about procedures prior to your wedding day. You will need to fully-heal to be able to see the long-term results of your procedures before the big day arrives.
The Bridal Blueprint: 5 Pre-Wedding Plastic Surgery Procedures
With the long-term considerations in mind, there a number of procedures that can help you achieve the best overall results for your wedding. The “Bridal Blueprint” includes the following five elements:
1. BOTOX – This procedure can improve the appearance of fine lines around the forehead, crow’s feet, between the eyebrows, and around the mouth. BOTOX is injected into these areas and temporarily blocks the muscles that cause wrinkles. BOTOX should be completed 1-2 months prior to your wedding to allow time for any bruising or swelling to heal, and it may require some touch-up.
2. Dermal Fillers – To help diminish facial lines and restore fullness to your face, you may want to consider dermal fillers such as Voluma-cheeks, Juvederm lips, etc. These procedures should be done 1-2 months before the event to allow enough time for healing and touch-ups.
3. Breast Augmentation – Breast augmentation can help you create or restore volume and shape to your breasts. Post-surgery, patients wear a sports bra for 3-4 weeks before transitioning to a regular bra. It is recommended to complete an augmentation procedure 3-6 months before the event to make sure your body has time to heal (and to fit in any last wedding dress alterations!).
4. Liposuction – Although diet and exercise can help you burn fat and tone your body, liposuction can help you get to those areas that aren’t progressing as fast. Patients may be able to go back to work a few days after the operation but will have to wear a compression garment for 3 weeks. Bruising may last 1-2 weeks, and healing can vary, so you should plan for this procedure 3-6 months before your wedding.
5. Skin Care – Skin care can help you feel like you’re “glowing” on your wedding day. There are procedures that help correct sun damage, color differences, or texture issues. Skin care should begin at least 3 months before the event to allow enough time to address any skin issues. Also, try to avoid trying new products during the weeks prior to your big day.
Trust Bellissimo for Your Pre-Wedding Procedures
At Bellissimo Plastic Surgery & Medi Spa, we understand how important it is for you to feel beautiful on your wedding day. We’re ready to help you decide if pre-wedding plastic surgery featured in the Bridal Blueprint is right for you. Dr. Jeffrey Antimarino is a board-certified plastic surgeon and was voted as one of Pittsburgh’s Best Plastic Surgeons (2017). His goal is that every Bellissimo patient experiences the individualized care they deserve to achieve their own definition of beauty.
To schedule a pre-wedding consultation, call 844-496-6647 or complete our online contact form. Bellissimo Plastic Surgery & Medi Spa serves clients throughout the Pittsburgh area from offices in Shadyside, Monroeville, Greensburg, and Robinson.