Mommy Makeover Surgery for Pittsburgh, PA Moms
The “Mommy Makeover” is a term that is used to describe a combination of cosmetic procedures designed to restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy shape. Many Pittsburgh moms choose a Mommy Makeover to address those areas that have been directly affected by childbirth, such as the breast, abdomen, hips and even thighs. A Mommy Makeover combines a procedure to correct loss of volume and sagging of the breasts (Augmentation, Reduction, or Lift) with a procedure to correct excess skin or retained fat of the abdomen (Tummy tuck, Liposuction). Liposuction may also be included to help with re-contouring areas such as the hips, thighs, flank or back.
How do I prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
- Set Your Expectations. In your initial consultation with Dr. Antimarino, make sure to discuss your expectations for the procedure. This is the time to discuss your concerns and your goals as he will design a surgical plan specifically for you.
- Come Prepared. You may want to come in with a list of questions that you want to be answered before the procedure. This will eliminate any confusion and will provide you with the most comfortable experience at Bellissimo Plastic Surgery & Medi Spa.
- Stop Medication. The use of Aspirin, Ibuprofen, or other supplements that may increase bruising should be stopped two weeks prior to surgery.
- Bring Support. Patients should bring a sports bra to their consultation appointment for implant sizing.
- Know the Facts. Lastly, you will also want to read through our patient resources, such as our note of privacy policies and surgeon checklist, to better educate yourself about the entire surgical process.
What to Expect From a Mommy Makeover
Surgery: A Mommy Makeover is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure in an accredited surgical facility. Surgery time is approximately 3-4 hours.
After Surgery: A Mommy Makeover requires approximately 2-3 weeks of downtime. Patients are discharged with a postop compression bra and an abdominal binder. Drains are used for the abdomen if a Tummy Tuck was performed and are usually removed within 2 weeks. Patients will wear a sports bra for approximately 3-4 weeks and the abdominal binder for approximately 3 weeks. Patients may return to work within 2 weeks and resume exercise in 3 weeks.
Request a Consultation
Every woman deserves to feel confident in her body post-partum, and Bellissimo wants to be her partner when it comes to defining herself. A consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Antimarino is an opportunity to ask questions and have a detailed discussion about Mommy Makeover surgery. With locations in Shadyside, Monroeville, Robinson Township, and Greensburg, it’s easy to schedule your private consultation or a virtual consultation with Bellissimo Plastic Surgery.